CMS issues Transmittal 6 to the Provider Cost Reporting Forms and Instructions, Chapter 33, Form CMS-216-94
The OPO, 216-94 system was updated to Transmittal 6 by CMS, on June 19, 2015. Transmittal 6 is effective for cost reporting periods that begin on or after May 1, 2014.
The transmittal is available at the CMS website:
- HFS was approved for Transmittal 6 on July 15, 2015.
- The primary change in Transmittal 6 was the introduction of an adjustment column for the calculation of accumulated costs on Worksheet B-1, column 10.
- CMS also made clarifications and corrections to the instructions including:
- Facilities operating both an OPO and Lab with 2 separate CCNs with enter the OPO data on Worksheet S, Part I, line 4 and the Lab information on subscripted line 4.01.
- On Worksheet A, costs for other acquisition not identified on lines 15 through 18 will be identified on line 19 and subscripts. Line 20 will not be used for cost reporting periods beginning on or after May 1, 2012.
- Clarified that for cost reporting periods beginning on or after January 1, 2015, Home Office costs should no longer be reported on Worksheet A-5, line 3. Instead they will be reported on Worksheet A-5-1.
- Clarified that gains and/or losses on the sale of assets are not to be reported on Worksheet A-6, line 6, for cost reporting periods ending on or after December 1, 1997.
- The Worksheet D, line 6 instructions were clarified to state that sequestration would not be computed, where an amount due to Medicare was computed.
HFS was approved for the Transmittal 6 changes on July 14th, 2015 and the update was made available to the OPO cost report users on July xx, 2015.
If you have any questions, please contact Eric Swanson at email@example.com.