CMS issues Transmittal 6 to the Provider Cost Reporting Forms and Instructions, Chapter 40, Form CMS-2552-10
On Friday, September 19thth, 2014, CMS issued Transmittal number 6 to the Provider Cost Reporting Forms and Instructions, Chapter 40, Form CMS-2552-10. Transmittal 6 is effective for cost reporting periods ending on or after June 30, 2014.
The transmittal is available at the CMS website:
Major Medicare provisions incorporated by Transmittal 6 include:
- Medicaid managed care discharges will be reported on Worksheet S-3, line 2, column 14.
- Changes were made to Worksheet S-2 and Worksheet D-4 eliminating the “other” organ transplant category from the Worksheets and check box selections.
- Worksheets S-2, D Part III, D Part IV and E-3 Part V, were clarified to address new children’s and new cancer hospitals. A new TEFRA provider will be reimbursed as “Other” in its first year prior to the establishment of a TARGET rate.
- CMS modified the calculation of teaching physician costs on the Worksheet D-5 by adding Parts III and IV. Parts III and IV will replace the previous Worksheet D-5, Parts I and II and will apply the RCE calculations to the teaching physician salaries, similar to the methodology used on Worksheet A-8-2.
- Worksheet E, Part A and the Exhibit 4 instructions were modified to address the extension of the MDH designation and Low Volume Adjustment, through March 31, 2015.
- Line 41.01 was added to Worksheet E, Part A, to report ESRD Medicare covered and paid discharges. While line 41 (ESRD Medicare Discharges) will be retained and used to compute the 10% qualifying criteria for the ESDR additional payment, line 41.01 will be used to compute the actual adjustment amount.
HFS is currently programming the software changes for transmittal 6 and anticipates approval in the near future. Once approved, HFS will make the update available to users of the software.
If you have any questions, please contact Eric Swanson at email@example.com.