CMS issues Transmittal 3 to the Provider Cost Reporting Forms and Instructions, Chapter 42, Form CMS-265-11
The ESRD, 265-11 system was updated to Transmittal 3 by CMS, in May 2014. Transmittal 3 is effective for cost reporting periods ending on or after March 31, 2014. HFS was approved for Transmittal 3 on June 24, 2014 and the software will be released July 2, 2014.
Transmittal 3 changes include:
- Instructional change on Worksheet A-2, indicating that lines 19 and 20 are not to be completed for purchases on or after January 1, 2012.
- Instructional change for Worksheet B and B-1, clarifying that negative amounts are excluded when allocating A&G and Other Cost.
- Instructional change to Worksheet E, Part I, line 19 indicating that the sequestration adjustment is not to be computed where negative net reimbursement is reported on line 16.
- Minor description changes on the following forms:
- S, Part II
- S, Part III
- S-1, line 13.01
- A-2, lines 19 and 20
- Worksheet B. Column 1
- Worksheet B-1, Column 1, 8A, 11A, 13A
- Worksheet E, Part I, lines 2.01, 2.02, 12, 16
- Worksheet E-1 note
- Worksheet F, column 1 description and lines 48 and 49
- Worksheet F-1, column headings and line 4
- Description changes for edits: 1060,1005S, 1010S, 1020S, 1000A,
- New Level One edits: 1022S, 1005A, 1000C, 1010C, 1010D, 1010E
For more information:
- HFS software approval letter: www.hfssoft.com/iFrame/Support/iapprovals.aspx
- The official Form CMS 265-11, Transmittal 3 - www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Guidance/Transmittals/2014-Transmittals-Items/R3PR242.html
If you have any questions, please contact Eric Swanson at email@example.com.